5 digital media resolutions every business should make
Happy New Year! As we move into 2017, it’s time to explore the potential the future holds. What business objectives would you like to meet this year? Where would you like to be a year from now?
In order to make strides towards your digital dreams, creating a few goals is crucial. No wonder New Year’s resolutions are such a popular tradition – it’s hard to get ahead without setting goals first.
However, in order for those resolutions to be achievable, they have to be realistic. That’s why we’ve come up with digital media resolutions that every business can stick to – they’re attainable and aspirational.
Without further ado, here are the top goals every business should set in 2017.
5 digital media resolutions for the New Year:
- Start a blog. Not only do blogs bring qualified traffic to your site, they also help you establish thought authority in your field. Blogs do require planning and dedication, which is why some businesses put them off. Make 2017 the year you finally commit to blogging (and start reaping the benefits). We’ve covered the basics of blogging and weird web words that you’ll need to know before you start.
- Increase your social media presence. By maintaining an engaging, entertaining social media presence, you can increase your business’ reach and funnel more traffic back to your site.
- Give digital advertising a try. Digital advertising’s benefits are numerous – along with increasing brand recognition, you’ll have the stats to measure your success and to make campaign adjustments when necessary.
- Use multimedia in your digital strategy. When it comes to engaging audiences, multimedia grabs attention in ways that plain text simply cannot. From memes to videos, there are tons of affordable, easy multimedia options for every business. Get creative and have fun!
- Optimize your website. If you’ve noticed your bounce rate is less than ideal, it means your audience isn’t digging your website. Luckily, there are many steps you can take to improve this. Mobile-optimization, fluid navigation and a pleasing aesthetic are all things that will make visitors want to stick around.
While there are many ways to make the most of your digital strategy, these five resolutions are a great start. Get out there and make 2017 your business’ best year yet!
For more on digital strategy development, we’ve created an infographic that answers your biggest questions.
Check out Forbes’ predictions for the biggest digital marketing trends of 2017.