Create 3 months’ worth of blog and social content ideas ASAP
Coming up with blog and social media content ideas for your business can be hard – and very, very time-consuming. You might even – dare we say – dread it.
But not to fear! This super-simple formula will help you quickly come up with at least three months’ worth of social media and blog content ideas.
Once you give the formula a whirl, you’ll be kicking yourself for not having tried it sooner!
Step 1: Pick your four big topics
No matter which industry you work in, you can probably think of four big, overarching topics for your blog.
If you’re struggling to nail down four general “umbrella” topics, ask yourself the following questions:
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Which topics inspire your imagination and creativity?
- What is your target audience interested in?
- Which topics have lots of different angles and subtopics for you to explore?
Once you choose your four topics, you’re ready to move on to the next step.
Step 2: Break those topics down into weekly blog posts
Once you have four general topics, it’s easy to think of three blog ideas per topic.
Before you know it, you’ll have your blog’s editorial calendar loaded up with 12 new post ideas. That’s one per week for the next three months.
However, if you’re struggling with this step, the topics you picked are probably not broad enough.
Step 3: Break down each blog post into social media content ideas
Filling up a three-month social media editorial calendar sounds, well, intimidating. But lucky you – now, you just need to break down each of your 12 blog posts into five social media posts.
How? These questions will get you started:
- What points will you make in each blog post? One point = one social media post.
- Do you have any quotes lined up for your blog posts? Turn them into eye-catching graphics using Snappa or Canva.
- Are you planning to write a listicle? Choose five items from your listicle, and boom, you’ve got five social media post topics.
- What will make your followers want to read your full blog posts? Dream up a few intriguing teasers to post on social.
You can also sprinkle in other go-to topics like:
- Event or product promotions
- Company updates
- Behind-the-scenes glimpses
- Curated content
- Meet-the-team posts (if you’ve ever checked out our Instagram account, you know we love showing off our team).
Congratulations – you’ve officially generated enough blog and social media content to last an entire quarter! Of course, actually writing the blog posts, sourcing photos and graphics, and scheduling posts can be overwhelming. If you need help keeping up with content creation, get in touch with us. We’re always happy to help!