Why should you go digital? A digital ad campaign FAQ
This post is part of our ‘FAQ‘ series – a closer look at the frequently asked questions of digital media.
Why go digital? For starters, digital advertising is a powerful approach to promoting your business. Different from traditional advertising in many ways, digital campaigns give you unprecedented levels of control and the ability to measure your success.
So what do you need to know before you start your digital ad campaign? Many first-time digital advertisers are bogged down by questions before their campaign even starts. With so many options available, it can be difficult to decide what kind of campaign works best for your business. Before you take the plunge, check out our frequently asked questions below. When you’re armed with enough information, going digital becomes a no-brainer.
Digital ad campaign 101:
- How do you know if your ads are working? One of the biggest advantages of digital advertising is the ability to measure success. Analytics allow you to track trends over time, so you’ll know when your ads are thriving and when they’re underperforming. As well, digital ads give you the ability to compare your ads against each other – which one gets the best response? By running A/B tests, you’ll see which versions are worth your advertising spends.
- What is a landing page and why do I need one? When people click on your ad, they should be redirected to a page specifically designed for that ad, not your home page. This makes it easier to guide visitors towards converting, or completing actions that benefit your business. Kissmetrics adds, “landing pages make tracking your visits very easy. This is especially important.”
- How can I get my target audience’s attention? Keywords are, for a lack of a better word, key. What types of things are your target audience searching for online? What do they need? To figure this out, you must first have a clear picture of who your target audience is. Tools like Google AdWords can also help you narrow down effective keywords for your digital ad campaign.
- How do I select an ad format? For starters, make sure you’re advertising on channels that your audience actually uses. With so many formats available – video, social media and banner ads, to name a few – it all really comes down to the kind of impression you want to make on your audience. Take our fun digital advertising options quiz for some inspiration.
- What’s the biggest mistake I could make in terms of advertising? One of the biggest advertising mistakes you can make is not going digital in the first place – and make sure you’re mobile friendly, too. Digital ads make it easy to reach the right audience, monitor your progress and make any necessary campaign adjustments along the way. With all the advantages digital ads provide, it’s time you explore your options.
If you haven’t yet taken the digital advertising leap, it’s time to do so. Don’t let questions get in the way of effectively advertising to your target audience!
For any questions we didn’t cover in this post, leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you.
Check out our tips to improve your digital advertising strategy.
For more digital advertising info, check out our archive.
Hootsuite, Forbes, The New York Times and Kissmetrics rounded up the stats used in this post.