Should you use AI to write your next blog post?
We agree with medium.com: the best way to drive traffic to your website is by constantly creating high-quality content that is valuable to your readers.
The problem? Creating high-quality content daily is time-consuming, and not every organization is able to keep up with the demands of ongoing content creation. That’s why we’re exploring the idea of AI writing software to fill this gap.
What is AI writing software?
g2.com provides a great description:
AI writing utilizes machine learning to help users through various steps of the writing process, including research, grammar and tone checking, and localization. These tools leverage natural language processing (NLP) to analyze text and provide recommendations or related content. These tools can ease the otherwise cumbersome and slow process of writing content, allowing users to write more quickly and with confidence. Augmented writing can be used by any professional looking for writing help, from content marketers trying to create more compelling material to HR representatives optimizing job listings.
Now that we know what AI writing software is, how exactly does it work? According to ContentBot.ai, most AI writing software uses OpenAI’s GPT-3 model. GPT-3 stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 which is an autoregressive language model. Simply put, this means that AI uses its dataset to string together sentences by predicting the next best word.
ContentBot.ai also shares that the AI model was trained with around 570GB of information and used 10 per cent of the internet in 2019 as its source of data. And, these tools keep learning through test input and human interaction. Users report great copy output 80 percent of the time.
Now that you know what AI writing software can do, will you utilize it for your business? Let’s explore the pros and cons to help you make your decision.
Pros and cons of using AI writing software:
Let’s start with why we love it. Medium.com provides the following awesome reasons:
- Get away from writer’s block: Using AI writing tools can help you overcome your writer’s block.
- Create high-quality content fast: You can easily create high-quality SEO-friendly content within minutes.
- Become an expert writer: AI copywriting tools save you time and help you become an expert writer. You can use these tools to write articles, ebooks, webinars, blog posts, and much more.
- Save money: Using AI writing tools can save you a lot of money because you don’t need to pay a copywriter. You can manage writing on your own.
- Multilingual support: Using AI writers can help you create content in multiple languages. For example, Closerscopy supports 127 languages while Jasper supports 26 languages.
- Save time: These tools can manage a lot of creative heavy-lifting content-related jobs, which allows the user to save time by focusing on other important aspects in their professional lives.
While the benefits of AI writing software are immense, also keep in mind these cons. According to iLounge.com and LinkedIn.com:
- Machines can make mistakes: The AI writing software has been created by human intelligence and programmed by human beings. It’s prone to make errors due to various factors.
- A machine has no feelings or imagination like human beings: Some content requires the writer to involve their feelings to stir emotions in the heart of the reader. This is an advantage that is lacking in software, and it might not bring out the exact feeling a writer wanted to create.
- Fewer jobs for writers: AI software will slowly start to take over writing jobs meaning people will be out of work.
- Lack of creativity: AI writing software may not have the same levels of creativity as a human being.
So what will you choose? Will you use AI writing software to generate some or all of your digital content? To get started, check out this article from SEJ to see the 10 best AI writers and content generators compared.
If you’re still not sure where to start, contact us (the real humans who wrote this) to chat and learn more.